Practical Guide to High Performance Computing
Take this course at your own pace through pre-recorded video and online resources.
Access to more powerful computing resource can increase productivity, improve quality, speed up innovation, and reduce time to market. Aimed at intermediate learners, this free technical workshop will show you how to speed up your calculations with practical exercises that can take you on the journey from running your models on your usual workstation or local resource to the Hartree Centre’s HPC platforms in the most efficient way. We will show attendees how to log in and submit HPC jobs, and help you to understand the optimum way to scale your code to produce the most efficient results for your task.
Join us if you’re looking for a practical guide to help you use HPC more effectively and want to decide on the resources you need to maximise efficiency and value for your business.
Our course on adopting HPC in industry includes:
- How to access High Performance Computing (HPC) machines
- How to run jobs on HPC systems
- How to make best use of the resources available on HPC machines
- How to log in to HPC systems.
- How to access software on HPC systems.
- How to run jobs on HPC systems.
- How to perform scalability tests to enable best value use of available resources.
Pre-requisites: It would be beneficial to attend our Beginner’s Guide to High Performance Computing course but it is not compulsory.
Create a free account to our Training Portal to register for a course and browse all available training courses.
Provide your details to receive regular updates from the STFC Hartree Centre.