When: 6 - 10 August 2018
Where: Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell , Didcot, OX11 0QX
Price: £1000* (Free for ADDoPT partner institutions)
Best for: Data analysts working in the pharmaceutical industry or trainees who are able to work independently but would require guidance for solving complex problems.
Prerequisites: Attendees should be familiar with using statistical methods in a chemical research context.
This course will enable attendees to:
- identify which cheminformatics problems are suitable for applying machine learning
- employ both classification and regression models
- define problems in a way that enables a machine learning expert without chemistry knowledge to contribute to a solution
- choose and execute suitable methods for solving a problem
- evaluate a model that claims to solve a particular problem
- compare and contrast various potential models
- demonstrate the business value of a model
*Full time students are entitled to a reduced rate fee of £150. Delegates from ADDoPT partner institutions are entitled to 100% fee waiver.