We are developing software tools and methods for:
- High accuracy computer modelling
- Uncertainty quantification
- Simulating complex multi-scale/multi-physics problems
- Coupling new or existing solvers
We are demonstrating these tools through proof-of-concept projects in the following areas:
- Complex rheology: understanding material properties through multi-scale modelling
- Uncertainty quantification: using cognitive computing to gain a better understanding of errors in the modelling of carbon deposition and unsteady thermal flows
- Acoustics: applying multi-physics and cognitive technologies to identify and reduce noise in simulated data
Our Engineering and Manufacturing digital assets will:
- Reduce development costs
- Improve product performance
- Reduce time to market
The work combines existing modelling programs with AI and novel code-coupling technology to make it easier to develop state-of-the-art industrially relevant simulation models.
David Emerson, Stephen Longshaw, Alex Skillen, Stefano Rolfo, Chris Thompson, Maggie Zimon, Robert Sawko, Lan Hoang, Blair Edwards, Stephen Checkley.