As computer architectures continue to evolve to increase performance, a great deal of effort has to be put in to adapt software in order to achieve the promised gains in speed. We have developed a suite of tools which can analyse source code and generate auto-tuned kernels for emerging architectures. These tools have been used as part of the PSyclone project to generate code for the Met Office's next generation weather forecast model.
- PSyclone: code generation for weather modelling
- Fparser: a Fortran code parser
- Fgenerator: a Fortran code generator
- Melody: automated performance tuning
- Habakkuk: performance prediction from Fortran source code
The tools above are available under open source licenses, free of charge. Hartree Centre also provides bespoke software profiling, analysis and optimisation services.
High performance computing (HPC) optimisation of simulation codes:
- Weather & climate modelling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Materials modelling
- Portability of code on current and future architectures
- Reduced costs
- Faster time to simulation