Internet of Things support for your SME
The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the fastest moving areas in digital technology. Collecting, exchanging, analysing and exploiting data through networks incorporating all kinds of sensor- and internet-enabled devices, it offers huge potential to boost business — and not just for the businesses harnessing those technologies, but for those supplying them too.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) Hartree Centre, working in conjunction with the Digital Catapult, is offering support with the exploration and integration of IoT technologies to 10 SMEs throughout 2017.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- You’ve developed a device with potential for IoT workflows to be built around it
- You need analysis of data streams generated by an existing sensor network
- You need support, mentoring and assistance in bringing an IoT idea to market
- You are looking to use dedicated IoT networks for product development
...then your business could benefit!
Successful applicants will get flexible workspace in STFC’s Campus Technology Hub located on the Sci-Tech Daresbury campus, Cheshire, alongside a diverse industrial and research eco-system. SMEs will also gain access to our dedicated IoT platform and programme of events around the Internet of Things.
(Credit: Death to the Stock Photo)
Download application form.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th January.
Please note that we intend to use the SIGFOX network as our dedicated IoT platform. Applicants are encouraged to research the benefits of using SIGFOX to ensure that their proposed products or ideas are compatible with this technology.
Key application criteria include the following:
- Your business should comprise fewer than 250 people.
- Successful applicants will be subject to state aid rules.
- Applicants will need to be able to get to Sci-Tech Daresbury, Cheshire (on an "as necessary" basis) to undertake any project related work or meetings. No travel expenses will be paid.
- Applicants agree to take part in the production of a case study with the Hartree Centre following the project.
Questions? Read our FAQs.
This offer is subject to Terms & Conditions which must be agreed by all parties before projects will be carried out.
Find out more about the IoTUK Boost initiative (link opens in a new window).